Some of my favourite things to make in the Thermomix are quiches and tarts – they’re so easy… and taste amazing! This Thermomix Bacon & Mushroom Tart is no exception. Fast and fabulous is definitely the way to describe it.
To make this Thermomix Bacon & Mushroom Tart, you simply start off by preparing a batch of our savoury pastry and popping it into the fridge. After it’s been blind-baked, add the yummy filling and pop back into the oven to cook. This is one seriously good lunch or dinner.
The filling consists of onion, bacon, olive oil, mushrooms, eggs, sour cream and cheese… so pretty much all of the good things! I chopped my mushrooms in the Thermomix so there were no big chunks (mainly to confuse the mushroom-hater in our house!), but if you prefer big chunks of mushroom, simply lay them onto the tart shell base and pour over the egg and bacon filling.
Serve with a simple salad or on it’s own. This tart can be wrapped in cling wrap and frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Thermomix Bacon & Mushroom TartPrint Pin Rate
- 1 quantity savoury pastry (or use a pre-made tart shell)
- 100 g cheese (I used 50g parmesan and 50g cheddar - but any combination is fine)
- 1 onion , halved
- 200 g bacon
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 10 g olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 120 g sour cream
- Remove from the fridge and roll out to approximately 1 and ½ cm thick. Place into a well-greased 23cm loose bottomed quiche or tart tin.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Blind bake with pie weights or rice for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Reduce temperature to 180 degrees celsius.
- To prepare the filling, place the cheese into the TM bowl.
- Grate by holding down Turbo for 5 seconds.
- Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add the halved onion, bacon and mushrooms and chop by pressing Turbo 5 times.
- Add the olive oil and saute for 3 mins, 90 degrees, Reverse, Speed 1.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the base of the cooked tart shell.
- Place the eggs, sour cream and grated cheese into the TM bowl.
- Mix 20 seconds, Speed 2.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of the bacon and mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.