I’m a massive fan of making my own granola. Most Sundays I make a big batch ready for the week ahead (that’s about the only thing that I’m organised with!!). And this Thermomix Apricot & Chia Granola is an absolute fave at our house.
Homemade baked granola will last up to a month when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. But honestly, a batch like this doesn’t even last a week in our house!
You can serve this with some greek yogurt and fresh berries, or add a little milk and sliced banana. Sometimes, I like to just nibble on it during the afternoons (when I’m trying really, really hard to avoid the temptation of a chocolate frog!). You can mix and match with any fruit and nuts you like – I really love pecans and almonds in this particular recipe as they go so well with the dried apricots – but it’s totally up to you!
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, almonds etc)
- ⅓ cup (70g when melted) melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup (65g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (85g) rice malt syrup (or honey)
- 4 cups (360g) rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup extra dried fruit - optional (sultanas, dates etc)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- Place the nuts into the TM bowl and press Turbo 3 times. Remove the nuts and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add the melted coconut oil, brown sugar and rice malt syrup to the TM bowl and mix for 2 minutes, Speed 2, 100 degrees.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 2 minutes, Speed 2, 100 degrees.
- Add the rolled oats, nuts, dried fruit and chia seeds and mix for 20-30 seconds on Reverse, Speed 2.
- Place the granola mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- During the cooking time, remove the mixture every 10 minutes and stir well.
- Remove the granola from the oven and set aside to cool completely. As it sets, it will harden up.
- Break the granola into clusters.
- *The granola can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.