Our Thermomix Apple and Oat Pikelets are perfect for the whole family!
If you are looking for a recipe which is great for the entire family and is perfect for any time of the day (yep really!) then our Thermomix Apple and Oat Pikelets are for you. These yummy pikelets are quite filling thanks to being bulked up with oats, and while they taste great when eaten as they are, they are also delicious with a little bit of your favourite jam smeared on top.
If you are making these pikelets for the younger kids, you can leave the maple syrup out (the apples do help to sweeten the pikelets) however if you want to be extra decadent, try drizzling a little extra maple syrup over a few warm piklets - yum!
These Thermomix Apple and Oat Pikelets are also freezer friendly, making them perfect to cook on the weekend and then add to the kids lunchboxes through the week.
Tips for making our Thermomix Apple and Oat Pikelets
- You can use any type of apple for this recipe.
- These pikelets are best stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, bring to room temperature to eat.
- You can freezer these pikelets for six weeks.
You can find more great snack recipes for the entire family in our Thermomix Lunchbox Snacks Book.
Thermomix Apple and Oat Pikelets
- 2 Apples You can use any variety
- 150 grams wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 250 grams milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 50 grams butter for greasing the frying pan
- Place the apples (which have been cut into quarters and the core removed, into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 5 seconds, speed 5 to grate.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the remaining ingredients and mix for 10 seconds, speed 5 on reverse.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a little of the butter to the pan. Use a tablespoon to scoop up the mixture and place into the pan.
- Cook the pikelets for 2 minutes before flipping to cook for a further minute. Carefully transfer the cooked pikelets to a plate and cover with foil while you repeat the above step until all of the pikelet mixture has been used.