When the cooler weather rolls around, it becomes all about soup at our house. I get a bit obsessed with making every possible variety I can think of. And yet every time I think I’ve made them all, I find another super delicious recipe. And that is exactly what this Sweet Potato, Lime and Coconut Soup is….Super… Duper… Delicious! Think fresh, light, creamy and incredibly tasty. This soup is fast becoming a firm favourite in our house – it really is the perfect change from a classic soup. It’s hard to beat the beautiful combination of flavours… this is seriously one yummy soup!
If you are looking for another alternative to something vegetarian, you should also try our new delicious recipe on Thermomix Vegetable Soup.
Sweet Potato, Lime & Coconut SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into 2cm chunks.
- 1 brown onion , peeled and cut into 2cm chunks.
- 2 carrots , peeled and cut into 2cm chunks.
- 1 400 ml tin of light coconut milk.
- Zest of 1 lime.
- 1 tbs chopped coriander.
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Place all of the vegetables into the thermomix bowl and add enough water to almost cover them.
- Cook on 100 degrees, reverse speed 3 for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the lime zest and coconut milk.
- Cook on 100 degrees, reverse speed 1 for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Puree on speed 6 for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir through coriander and serve.