Whether you’re after a healthy afternoon snack or a perfect lunchbox filler, these Savoury Muffins are just what you need. Bursting with vegetables, they are a delicious and super healthy snack. Why not make a double batch and pop them in the freezer. And if you’re trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables, these Savoury Muffins are an easy way to smuggle a few extra veggies into their diet!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 150 g grated tasty cheese
- 100 g ham chopped
- 1 zucchini , grated
- 1 carrot , grated
- 1/2 red capsicum , grated
- 125 g tin corn kernals (or frozen), drained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fruit chutney
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease a 12 hole standard muffin pan.
- Line the bottom of each hole with baking paper or use paper cases.
- Add cheese, ham, zucchini, carrot and capsicum to the thermomix bowl.
- Pulse 4-5 times or until grated (but not mush!!).
- Remove and place into a strainer and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Place back into the TM bowl.
- Add corn and flour and mix on Reverse Speed Soft for 20 seconds or until combined.
- Whisk milk, egg and chutney in a jug until well combined.
- Pour liquid into thermomix bowl.
- Mix on Reverse Speed soft for 20 seconds or until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin holes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.