Happy Pancake Tuesday! If there is ever a day to eat pancakes – this is surely it! In our house we often make pancakes and enjoy a relaxed Sunday breakfast or for a special treat I will make a batch of these easy pancakes to enjoy with some jam and cream for afternoon tea or dessert – they really are a versatile recipe which can be enjoyed ANY time of the day!
This was one of the very first recipes I converted when my Thermomix arrived, it’s so easy and quick to put together meaning we can be enjoying light and fluffy pancakes in no time at all.
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups of milk
- extra butter to grease your frying pan.
- Place the flour, salt, egg and milk into the bowl.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 20 seconds until mixture is combined and smooth.
- Heat your frying pan to a high heat and approximately one teaspoon of butter.
- For even sized pancakes, use a measuring cup (I use 1/4) to scoop up and pour your batter into the pan.
- Allow the pancake to cook for approximately one minute or until bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Flip the pancake and cook on the other side for one minute.
- Place cooked pancakes on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Continue until you have used all of the mixture.
What do you like to serve your pancakes with?