Nigella Lawson’s pea puree recipe has always been a favourite in our house. It’s quick, easy and tastes amazing!! And so, it seemed like the perfect time to convert this family favourite to the Thermomix.
If you only have a block of parmesan cheese on hand, simply pop it into the TM bowl, grate it and set aside in a separate bowl before beginning to cook the peas.
This is the perfect recipe to serve with lamb cutlets, salmon or steak. It’s so versatile… and you wont be able to stop yourself from eating the whole bowl. Yep, Nigella Lawson’s pea puree in the Thermomix is pretty much the greatest thing ever!
- 500 g water
- 1 clove garlic
- salt , to season
- 150 g frozen peas
- 2 tbs creme fraiche
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- Place the water, garlic clove and salt into the Thermomix bowl.
- Place the frozen peas into the simmering basket and cook for 6 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Drain the water, place the peas into the TM bowl, along with the creme fraiche, grated parmesan and dried mint.
- Press Turbo 5-6 times or until coarsely pureed and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or place into the Thermoserver to keep warm until required.