Now that the chaos of the festive season is over, we’ve started to get back into our normal routine which means quiet mornings at home and getting back into baking without so much chocolate! Last week after having an early morning swim, my boys and I decided to put these Mini Thermomix Banana and Raspberry Cakes together for our morning tea.
You can use any type of tin you like to make this Thermomix Banana and Raspberry Cake, I like to use 2 x 9cm square tins as it makes the perfect sized cake to enjoy for morning tea and then we pop the other one into the freezer for another time.
- 1 1/4 cups of self raising flour
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 75 g of butter
- 1 large banana
- 3/4 cup of frozen raspberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Lightly grease and line the base of 2 x 9cm square cake tins.
- Place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes at 60 degrees on speed 2 or until melted.
- Add the self raising flour, caster sugar, milk, egg, vanilla essence and banana (which has been cut into four pieces) and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down. Mix for another 10 seconds on speed 5 or until just combined - it’s ok if the mixture is a little lumpy!
- Add the raspberries and gently stir through using your spatula.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
These yummy Banana and Raspberry Cakes can be served as is or you can make a simple icing to drizzle over the top. These cakes can also be stored in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
What’s your favourite easy morning tea treat to make?