Ever wanted to know how to make healthy ice cream in your Thermomix? You wont believe how simple it is! PLUS… our basic recipe is completely dairy-free and sugar-free! Amazing, right!?
You might have heard the word ‘nice-cream’ being thrown around before. Well that’s exactly what this is! A healthy alternative to ice cream. Yep, it’s actually good for you! In fact, we highly recommend it as a great breakfast (or dessert, of course!).
So here’s how to make healthy ice cream in your Thermomix:
- Start off with a frozen banana (1 frozen banana will give a medium-large serving for 1 person);
- Think about what flavour you want your healthy ice cream to be (i.e. chocolate, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, choc-berry, mango, choc-coconut etc) and add that into the bowl as well.
- Press Turbo 5-10 times, or until the banana (and added ingredients are finely chopped).
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix on Speed 3 (increasing to Speed 4/5) for 30 seconds. Scrape and repeat until you have a lovely, fluffy ice cream texture.
- Serve immediately.
- You can add a teaspoon or two of maple syrup, agave syrup or rice malt syrup if you would like your ice cream to be sweeter. I personally don’t do that as I don’t think it needs it. But it’s totally up to your personal taste preference!
- If making chocolate ice cream, add 1 heaped teaspoon of cocoa powder to the bowl along with the frozen banana.
- If using frozen berries or fruit, add 1/2 cup to the bowl along with the frozen banana.
Check out some of our favourite healthy Thermomix ice cream recipes here:
So there you have it… how to make healthy ice cream in your Thermomix! It really is SO simple!!