I just love these healthy Thermomix savoury mini quiches! They're so simple to make... and even easier to eat! Plus they're a great way to use up any vegetables you have lying around in the fridge.
These mini quiches are perfect for little lunch boxes and they also make a yummy dinner.
This is an incredibly versatile recipe - so feel free to mix and match with any vegetables you have lying around! Just make sure you squeeze out any excess liquid from your grated vegetables (doing so will mean that your quiches will be lovely and moist... but not soggy!).
These are the perfect way to sneak a few extra vegetables into your little ones meals!
- 1½ cups (190g) plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 large carrot , grated (or 2 medium carrots)
- 1 medium zucchini , grated
- 150 g cheddar cheese , grated
- 100 g shaved ham , finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (75g) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (125g) milk
- 150 g corn kernels
- 1 X 250g punnet cherry tomatoes , halved
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease 2 X 36-hole mini-muffin tins and set aside.
- Place the plain flour and baking powder into the TM bowl. Press Turbo 5-10 times to sift.
- Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Place the carrot and zucchini into the TM bowl. Grate by pressing Turbo 5-10 times.
- Place the vegetables into a strainer and squeeze out all of the excess liquid. Set aside.
- Place the ham and cheese into the TM bowl and grate by pressing Turbo 5 times.
- Set the ham and cheese aside.
- Place the eggs, vegetable oil and milk into the TM bowl and whisk on Speed 6 for 10 seconds.
- Add the grated vegetables, ham, cheese and the corn kernels and mix on Reverse Speed 4 for 10 seconds.
- Add the sifted plain flour and baking powder and fold through with the spatula.
- Divide the mixture between the cases (filling ¾ of the way to the top).
- Top each mini-muffin with one half of a cherry tomato.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through (please note that these muffins are moist because of the vegetables, so they will remain so when cooked).