By now you’ve probably worked out that I’m a girl who loves my ice-cream. But do you know what I love even more? The fact that you can make healthy ‘nice-cream’ in the Thermomix and eat it without one little ounce of guilt! Yep, that’s right – ‘nice-cream’ is even totally acceptable as a breakfast food.
This Healthy Mocha Ice-Cream is made with frozen bananas, coffee granules, cocoa powder and agave syrup. I also like to sprinkle a few cacao nibs over the top for added crunch, but that’s just personal preference. This is a super yummy ice-cream and the caffeine boost of the coffee granules is just what you need… at anytime of the day! In this recipe I have used 1 tsp of coffee granules, however, feel free to increase that amount if you’re a coffee lover, or reduce it if you’re not. You can also replace it with Milo for a kid-friendly option.
If you’re a fan of healthy ice-cream, then don’t forget to check out our Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice-Cream recipe too. It’s equally as delicious!
Do you make your own ice-cream in the Thermomix? What are your favourite flavours?
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tbs agave syrup
- 1 heaped tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coffee granules (add more or less depending on your taste preference)
- 1 tsp cacao nibs , for sprinkling (optional)
- Place the frozen banana, agave syrup, coffee granules and cocoa powder into the Thermomix bowl.
- Slowly increase to Speed 10 for 20 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Slowly increase to Speed 10 for 40 seconds.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs (optional).
- Serve immediately.