I’ve quickly learnt over the past couple of years, that when it comes to dinner time, it’s best to be prepared! This is why one of the things I love most about my Thermomix is the ability to have dinner cooking away in the background while I
referee play with our boys.
Even though they both have great appetites and are always happy to try new things (for now!) I’m still wary of not overpowering their tummies. This Family Friendly Chilli Con Carne is one of our favourite recipes, not only do both the boys love it, but it is so versatile and can be used in a variety of different ways and best of all, it’s freezer friendly.
- 500 g mince beef
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 carrot
- 1 brown onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon of mexican spice powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 400 g can of kidney beans - drained
- 400 g can of diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the carrot and zucchini into your Thermomix Bowl and and chop for 7 seconds on speed 5. Transfer to a separate bowl and continue.
- Without cleaning your bowl, add the brown onion, capsicum, garlic, mexican spice powder and olive oil and chop for 4 seconds on speed 8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and cook for 6 minutes at 120 degrees on speed 1 REVERSE.
- Add the beef mince, zucchini and carrots and cook for 11 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 REVERSE.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, drained kidney beans, salsa, vegetable stock paste and a little salt and pepper to season before cooking for 11 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 1 - REVERSE. Place the simmer basket on top of your lid instead of the measuring cup.
- Give the mixture a good stir using a spatula before enjoying with homemade tortillas and salad.
We enjoy this Chilli Con Carne as a yummy addition to nachos, as a taco filling or served with toasted homemade Tortillas.
What’s your favourite way to eat Chilli Con Carne?