A simple Thermomix chocolate ganache made using just cream and chocolate. Perfect for your favourite cakes and desserts.
What You Need
Just two basic ingredients:
How To Make Chocolate Ganache In A Thermomix
It couldn’t be easier to make a perfectly smooth and sweet ganache in your Thermomix.
Step 1 – Grate The Chocolate
Grate the chocolate finely. This helps it to melt quickly and evenly.
Step 2 – Add The Cream And Heat
Add the cream to the bowl and cook for 2 minutes (see recipe card below for full details).
Thick Or Thin Ganache?
This recipe will make a chocolate ganache that can be poured over a cake and sets to a tacky, sticky texture.
However, you change the texture and thickness of your ganache by altering the chocolate to cream ratio used.
Essentially, using more cream will result in a thinner and more spreadable ganache – the type that you can pour over a cake and let it drip down the sides. For a thin ganache, use 100g chocolate and 200g cream.
Using more chocolate will result in a thicker ganache which is great for making truffles. For a thick ganache, use 200g chocolate and 100g cream.
You can store ganache:
- At room temperature (in cool climates only) for up to 2 days
- In the fridge for up to 1 month (bring to room temperature before using)
- By freezing for up to 1 month (allow to defrost before using)
Thermomix Chocolate Cookbook
Whether you’re a complete chocoholic or just like to indulge now and then, our hard copy Thermomix Chocolate Cookbook is just what you need!
Filled with 25 delicious biscuits, slices, desserts, healthy treats and Easter recipes… and just $16.95 (including a free eBook version that will be emailed immediately upon purchase – so you can get cooking straight away!)
Easy Chocolate Ganache
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g cream thickened, whipping or heavy
- Place the cooking chocolate into the Thermomix bowl and grate on Speed 8, 10 seconds.
- Add the cream and heat for 2 minutes, 50 degrees, Speed 3.
- Allow ganache to thicken as it cools slightly.