I’m a big, BIG fan of making homemade foodie Christmas gifts. There really is just nothing nicer than getting a homemade present (and because I’m crafty-challenged, my homemade gifts need to be food!).
One of my favourite things to make for Chrissy gifts are truffles and balls. These Boozy Thermomix Rum & Raisin Balls taste amazing and are the perfect adults-only treat.
These are also a great idea for work Christmas parties, end of year functions etc. You really can’t go wrong with them. They’re rich, chocolatey and oh-so-delicious!
If you’re a fan of rum and raisin, then check out our super popular fudge recipe. It’s always a winner!
Boozy Thermomix Rum & Raisin BallsPrint Pin Rate
- ¼ cup rum
- ½ cup raisins
- 200 g dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup thickened cream
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles , for coating
- Place the rum and raisins into a microwave for 2-3 X 30 second bursts (alternatively you could heat them in the TM on 100 degrees, Reverse Speed soft for 2 minutes – but I find it easier to use the microwave).
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavour to enhance. You’ll notice that most of the rum will have soaked up.
- Grate the chocolate in the TM for 10 seconds on Speed 8.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the cream and melt for 2-3 minutes, 50 degrees, Speed 3.
- Add the rum infused raisins and mix on Reverse Speed 2 for 10 seconds.
- Pour the chocolate ganache mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave to firm up in the fridge for 3 hours and then roll into heaped teaspoon sized balls.
- Coat the truffles in chocolate sprinkles (or you could use sifted cocoa).
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.