Lately my vegetable garden has been absolutely overflowing with silverbeet. We have soooo much of it going on, it’s crazy!
Anyway, I’ve made this Thermomix Silverbeet & Ricotta Tart quite a few times now… and it really is delicious (and the perfect way to use up some of the silverbeet).
You can serve this as a light dinner with a salad on the side, or as a yummy lunch. It can also be frozen – which is perfect for those nights that you need to grab something quick and easy to reheat.
Ooh and one more thing! I like to make this Thermomix Silverbeet & Ricotta Tart using 1/2 the quantity of our olive oil pastry, but if you’re rushed for time, you can always use a sheet of puff pastry or shortcrust pastry instead. Yummy and easy!
- ½ quantity of our olive oil pastry (click for the recipe and then halve it).
- 250g silverbeet (or spinach), washed and roughly chopped
- 100g cheese (cheddar or parmesan are fine - I used 50/50)
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 80g feta cheese
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Prepare the olive oil pastry and place into the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Roll the olive oil pastry out and press into a greased, loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Use a fork to press holes into the bottom of the pastry.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until just lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place the silverbeet into the TM bowl and press Turbo until chopped into small pieces.
- Remove and set aside.
- In a clean TM bowl, add the cheddar or parmesan cheese, spring onions and fresh mint.
- Mix on Speed 8 until the cheese is grated and the spring onions and mint are chopped finely.
- Add the silverbeet back to the bowl, along with the ricotta cheese, feta cheese, lemon juice and eggs.
- Mix on Reverse Speed 5 until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tart tin.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until firm to touch in the centre.