Eeek!! I honestly cannot believe it’s nearly Christmas! I go through stages of feeling totally organised and then completely and utterly disorganised. Please tell me it’s not just me that’s feeling the chaos right now!?
Anyway, I thought I’d share a favourite recipe of mine – these no bake Thermomix Christmas peppermint cheesecakes. I love these SO much. Not only are they completely no-bake, they also taste great!!!
I like to do these as little mini individual cheesecakes – it just adds that super cute factor! Plus you don’t have to share… which is always a bonus.
Happy (nearly!) Christmas. Enjoy these yummy little Thermomix Christmas peppermint cheesecakes. xx
- 300g candy canes, crushed (reserve 100g for decoration)
- 80g butter
- 125g plain sweet biscuits (like Arnott’s Marie)
- For the filling:
- 300ml thickened cream
- 375g cream cheese, room temp
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 tsp gelatine powder
- 2 tbs boiled water
- 180g white chocolate melts
- Set 6 serving glasses or individual bowls aside.
- Crush the candy canes by pressing Turbo 5-10 times - depending on how chunky or fine you would like them. Set aside.
- Place the butter into the TM bowl and melt on 100 degrees, 2 minutes, Speed 2.
- Add the biscuits and crush on Turbo for 10 seconds (or until they resemble fine crumbs).
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat until completely combined.
- Divide the mixture amongst the 6 glasses and place into the fridge.
- Place the cream into the TM bowl and beat on Speed 3.5 until peaks are just starting to form (this can be anywhere between 10 seconds and nearly 2 minutes - depending on the freshness of your cream).
- Set the cream aside in a separate bowl.
- Place the cream cheese, caster sugar and peppermint extract into the TM bowl and mix on Speed 5 for 20 seconds.
- Place 2 tablespoons of boiled water into a cup. Sprinkle over the gelatin powder and stir until completely dissolved.
- When the mixture has cooled, add it to the cream cheese mixture and mix on Speed 5 for a further 20 seconds.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until just melted (stirring each time with a dry metal spoon). * Please note that you can melt the chocolate in the TM, however, for this recipe I find it quicker to do it in the microwave.
- Add 200g of the crushed candy canes (reserving 100g for decoration), the melted white chocolate and whipped cream to the bowl and mix on Speed 5 for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Divide the mixture equally between the glass jars, top with the reserved crushed candy canes and place into the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to set (preferably overnight).