These Thermomix Cheese and Corn Muffins make a great savoury snack and are perfect for school lunch boxes too.
This Cheese and Corn Muffin recipe is an adaptation of our Thermomix Savoury Muffins that I put together when our three year old decided to open a can of corn kernels (the only disadvantage of those ring pull cans!). Both of my boys love cheese and corn separately, so I was pretty confident they would enjoy the combination of the two in these muffins.
I was right (don’t you love that!) and both of them loved these ‘corn cakes’ and ate one alongside the casserole we were having for dinner. As well as being a great savoury side dish, these Thermomix Cheese and Corn Muffins are also a yummy lunchbox snack for the kids and are also freezer friendly – always a winner in my book!
- 300g self raising flour
- 100g of tasty cheese + 50g extra
- 50g of parmesan cheese
- 310g tin of corn kernels - drained
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of onion flakes
- sea salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a standard 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place all of the cheese into your thermomix bowl and grate on Speed 6 for 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the self raising flour, corn kernels, buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil, onion flakes, 100g of the grated tasty cheese, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to your Thermomix bowl and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds REVERSE. Scrape down the side of your bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 4 REVERSE.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases and sprinkle the extra grated tasty cheese over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Leave the muffins in the pan to cool slightly, before placing onto a wire rack to cool completely.