It’s only been the last couple of years that I’ve started making and even eating gingerbread. I’m not really sure why it took me so long to try it, after all what’ not to love about this rich and spicy Christmas treat? I’ve tried a few gingerbread recipes now and can safely say that this is the best Thermomix Gingerbread recipe that you will ever try.
This Thermomix Gingerbread recipe takes no time at all to make and you will be having fun decorating your gingerbread in no time at all. If you use a traditional gingerbread cutter this recipe will make around 20 gingerbread biscuits, however you can use whatever shape you like to create this gorgeous and delicious gingerbread.
- ¼ cup of golden syrup
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 125g of butter - chopped into cubes
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups of plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with paper.
- Place the golden syrup, sugar, butter and spices into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 5 minutes at 50 degrees on speed 2.
- Add the egg and mix for 3 seconds on speed 3.
- Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5 or until combined.
- Knead for 2 minutes before turning the dough out onto your Thermomat and lightly knead to form a ball.
- Flatten the dough into a disc, cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll the Gingerbread dough between two sheets of baking paper until approximately 5mm thick. Use cutters of your choice to cut out shapes and place on baking trays. Bake for approximately 9 - 11 minutes - please note baking times will vary depending on the size of the cutter used.
- Allow the gingerbread to cool and decorate as desired.
What’s your favourite way to decorate gingerbread?