These mini White Chocolate, Almond and Cranberry Loaves are so delicious and super easy to make!
The combination of white chocolate, almonds and cranberry is great anytime of the year, but is just perfect at Christmas! These mini White Chocolate, Almond and Cranberry Loaves make a great Christmas gift for friends and family and are also the perfect treat for Santa! You can make them in advance if you like and then simply pop them into the freezer until you need them on Christmas Eve.
I like to make these using silicon mini loaf tins, however you can easily make them using regular muffin trays and will get around 18 muffins from the mixture.
- 375g of self raising flour
- 90g of brown sugar
- 200g of white chocolate chips
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150g of butter - cut into 3cm cubes
- 100g of cranberries
- 80g of flaked almonds
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees (fan forced)
- Place the cubed butter into your thermomix and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 to melt the butter. If it hasn't quite melted after 2 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on the temperature of your butter to begin with), cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the self raising flour, brown sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla essence to your thermomix bowl (in that order) and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of your thermomix bowl and add the white chocolate chips and cranberries and miix for a further 10 seconds reverse to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 2 x 6 hole silicon mini loaf pans (or 18 regular cupcakes)and sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
- Place into the oven to bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.