If there’s one super versatile recipe going around, it would have to be hommus. Not only is it an absolute cinch to make, you can use it in so many ways. In fact, there’s not many times that we don’t have a container of hummus sitting in the fridge!
A few different ways to use hummus include:
- as a dip with vegetable sticks
- on sandwiches
- on Turkish pides
- with falafels
- on top of tabbouleh
- on a cheese platter
- with pita chips
- spooned on top of roast vegetables
- on top of a salad
- mixed with eggs or chicken for a yummy sandwich filler
- with kebabs
- on toast with avocado (my fave!!)
- on top of a pizza base
There are SO many ways you can eat hummus. And it’s so good for you!! In my opinion, there really is no better dip!
How do you like to eat hummus?
- 1 clove garlic , small
- 400 g can chickpeas , drained (keep the liquid aside)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon (approx 30g)
- 20 g olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- * I like to drizzle a little olive oil over the top of my hummus and sprinkle on some paprika just before serving.
Place the garlic clove into the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on Speed 6.
Scrape down the bowl.
Add all of the remaining ingredients to the TM bowl.
Mix for 20 seconds on Speed 4.
Scrape down the sides.
Mix for a further 20 seconds on Speed 4.
Check the consistency.
If you would like it smoother, add a 1-2 tbs of the reserved chickpea liquid and mix for a further 20 seconds on Speed 4.
Serve drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with paprika.